I don’t want to mince words. It’s not hyperbolic at this point to say that we are entering a very dangerous slippery slope and we could lose the fundamental foundations of our democracy.
The President of the United States is under investigation for treasonous activities. The individual leading the investigation was fired by an individual so compromised by some of the nefarious actors on the other side of the investigation that they had to recuse themselves from the investigation.
The firing of Comey was a historic event, an extraordinary grab for power by a lunatic. It will only be defeated by a historic response.
Any partisan animosity toward Comey at this point must go. We cannot rely on law enforcement to complete this investigation. We cannot rely on Congress. We can only rely on our voices and our votes.
- Call your representatives every single day and demand an independent investigation into the Trump-Russia scandal.
- Go to as many protests as you possibly can. One of the bigger national protests against Trump and one that specifically addresses the scandal is the March for Truth. It’s on June 3, 2017.
- Show up to town halls held by your elected officials. Put a face to that angry voice on the phone telling them to investigate Trump.
- This part is critical: MAKE SURE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE NEWS REGARDING YOUR VOTING SYSTEMS. CALL YOUR LOCAL OFFICIALS AND SECRETARIES OF STATE/BOARD OF ELECTIONS TO MAKE SURE THEY’RE SECURE AND HAVE UNDERGONE ROUTINE INDEPENDENT SECURITY CHECKS. IF TRUMP AND PUTIN ARE WORKING TOGETHER, THEY HAVE COME FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT AND THEY MAY COME FOR OUR VOTING SYSTEMS NEXT. WE CANNOT LET THE LATTER HAPPEN.
- Get out and canvas for candidates that will do something about the spy in the White House. These candidates may be running for office at the local, state or national level. Regardless, support them with your time and money (if possible with the latter).
- Vote and drag your family, friends and neighbors to the polls with you. This is a dire time for democracy and we will need every vote and every citizen to help solve our constitutional crisis.
A Personal Note:
Be brave. Know that you are capable of greatness.
Show these corrupt forces the soul of our country.