For the second straight weekend in a row, there was a major rally in support of address climate change with the urgency and action it deserves.
Thousands of people packed the streets of Washington, D.C. and hundreds of other cities to make their voices hear on the issue of the environment. In light of Trump’s assault on the environment, new EPA chief Scott Pruitt’s climate change denial and a scary rise in carbon dioxide parts per million, action is needed now more than ever.
So what can we do about it personally? Here are just a few suggestions that you can utilize to lower your carbon footprint and help others to do the same:
- Contact your elected officials and demand action and legislation to mitigate the effects of climate change.
- Cut back on your meat consumption.
- Make energy efficiency upgrades to your residence.
- Donate to an NGO with an environmentally positive mission.
- Use public transportation, bike or walk as many places as possible.
- Make your lunch at home and bring it to work.
It’s going to take all of us to turn around the planet from it’s current collision course with extinction. Just as it will take all of us, united, to defeat Trump and Trumpism.